Welcome to another year of Flip Your Wig for Justice!
As 2015 comes to a close, our team is gearing up for the 2016 campaign. This time around, we have new and returning partners, new support for fundraising teams, and more educational content than ever. Starting January 11, we are calling on people from every part of the legal system, in every corner of Ontario, to grab a wig and help us fundraise in support of five crucial non-profit organizations who are working to advance access to justice.
Here are a few things to look forward to this year.
- A new, stronger platform for team fundraising. If you missed out on the opportunity last year to form a team and help support our work, we have good news. Team registration is open now! Last year Team OJEN took the top prize for dollars raised – maybe it’s time for a new champion. Fundraising packages will be distributed starting January 11.
- Insightful writing on access to justice issues, by some of the legal system’s leaders. Watch this blog for interviews, guest posts, and more.
- The return (and expansion) of our in-demand Continuing Professional Development seminar: plus, webcasting! Last year’s CPD seminar was a huge success. This year, we will be returning with an expanded agenda, new speakers, and a skills-focused workshop. Plus, for our many supporters who can’t make it to Toronto, we will be webcasting the seminar so no one misses out.
- Expanded, unique, multidisciplinary campus events. In addition to custom panels, convened at Ontario law schools to respond to local access to justice issues, the Flip Your Wig team will be hosting collaborative A2J workshops for law students, social work students, medical students, and others. We will reach every law school in the province by the end of the campaign. See you soon, Thunder Bay!
- Our celebratory insert in Canadian Lawyer and Law Times. This year’s insert will be bigger and better, with added essays and profiles of community-nominated access to justice champions you don’t know yet, but should.
- The Campaign Wrap-up Party on February 25. Join us at our wrap party at Osgoode Hall on February 25… and maybe even at the after-party.
From all of us on the Flip Your Wig for Justice team (that’s CCLA, CLEO, METRAC, OJEN, and PBSC), thanks for all of your support, and we’ll see you on the fundraising trail in January!